*Squeeeeeeee* The hotly anticipated second novel in the Wolves of Mercy Falls series, LINGER, is now out and I’ve got my copy sitting on my desk right now! *is silly excited*
As part of the launch, I was lucky enough to be added to the LINGER blog tour, where Maggie very kindly answered a few of my questions, which I’ve posted below. Enjoy!
1) Like Shiver, Linger is told from multiple POVs, this time four. Was it hard juggling all those narrative perspectives in one book?
No, not at all! Actually, that’s a lie. While I love looking at all sides of a story, it’s sometimes difficult to pick which character is supposed to narrate each scene. I try to go with the character who is most affected by the events in the scene, but sometimes just who that is is a toss up. Anyway, four is tops for me, I think. Any more than that and the men in the clean white coats can come take me away.
2) If Sam wrote a song about Cole, what lyrics would best sum him up?
Sam only writes songs about Grace. Cole’s out of luck.
3) Were there any story threads / characters that appeared in the first drafts of your novels that didn’t make the final cut?
Yes. Linda the Lunch Lady didn’t make it to the final draft of Shiver. Also, originally Shelby was more of a Mrs. Robinson character. Various messy plot elements that I thought I might need but didn’t also disappear — dozens of them over the course of my writing career so far.
4) What was harder: naming Things 1&2, or naming your characters?
Characters. Because the last names are the hardest, and I already knew what Thing 1 & 2’s last name was.
5) Can you tell us anything about your ‘Secret Novel’? Will it be an urban fantasy novel or something different?
It’s an urban fantasy for young adults about blood and beaches and kissing. That’s all I can say.
6) Which three books changed your life?
Shiver, Linger, and Forever.
Yes ladies and gentlemen, I’ll be here all week. Try the veal.
Thanks again Maggie! LINGER is now available in hardback and paperback. Check out the trailer below, or find out more at Maggie Stiefvater’s official website.